Ideas and Resources Share this page on: Download
IDEAS AND RESOURCES
Here are TEN ways that you and your organisation can take part:
1. Sign up to Race Equality Matters
If you haven’t done this already, sign up to access resources and hear about the latest news and events HERE.
2. Hear what your colleagues really think and feel
Hold organisation-wide themed discussions to enable courageous conversations. Hear the honest voices and feelings of your colleagues. The Tea Break, co-created with Network Rail’s Cultural Fusion Network, provides a framework for employees across your organisation to hear the honest voice and feelings of colleagues. Download the Tea Break ‘How to do it Right Guide’ HERE.
3. Enable brave conversations so your leaders can drive change
Bring those with lived experience together with senior leaders and drive meaningful change. Safe Space is a 2-hour facilitated dialogue between 3-5 exco members and up to 10 ethnic minority colleagues which results in action being taken. Download the Safe Space ‘How to do it Right Guide’ HERE.
4. Get your colleagues to make a public commitment to Race Equality
Create positive change by encouraging individuals to make a promise which is measurable and to which they will be held accountable to. Participants choose from seven meaningful actions devised by our ethnic minority community. Download the Big Promise ‘How to do it Right Guide’ HERE.
5. Ensure everyone feels valued and included
When you say people’s names right you make them feel accepted, included and that they belong.
#MyNameIs is a simple solution that helps everyone to feel included by normalising phonetic spelling.
Download the guide HERE.
6. Make everyone feel part of Race Equality Week
Distribute the virtual badge templates we have created:
- Backgrounds for Zoom/ Microsoft Teams calls
- Email signature templates
- Social media badge
The templates can be downloaded HERE.
7. Broaden your knowledge
Come to our thought leadership events and hear about the latest solutions to drive Race Equality. We will be adding more in the coming months. Follow the link to our upcoming events HERE.
8. Be one of our spotlight Organisations
Your organisation will be profiled on our website and via our social media channels, reaching thousands.
Send your company logo and a short summary covering the following:
- Why Race Equality Week is important. (150 words maximum
- Your organisation’s plans for Race Equality Week. (100 words maximum)
- What you hope to achieve as a result. (100 words maximum)
- Why this year’s theme (#actionnotjustwords) is so important. (100 words maximum)
Optional – a 30-second video covering:
- Why Race Equality Week is so important
- Why other organisations should get involved
Note: This does not need to be professionally produced.
- Send it to us firstname.lastname@example.org please use the subject heading ‘REW Spotlight Organisation’.
9. Hold your own thought leadership events
Organise internal or public events with speakers or panel discussions during the week.
We can promote details of your public events*
Send the following details to by 17 December 2021 email@example.com:
- Your company logo
- A short overview of the event (50 words maximum)
- Booking link
10. Promote your involvement with Race Equality Week
Download and distribute the Participation Pack. This will include everything you need to promote your involvement with Race Equality Week. Coming soon
You must be logged in to download this file. Please register/login.