PLANNING YOUR ACTIVITY
We have identified 6 key steps to help you plan your activity in the lead up to Race Equality Week.
Step 1: Identify your Race Equality Week Lead/s
- Brief them on Race Equality Week – you will find a video and promotional copy HERE.
- Gain their agreement to lead the initiative.
- Ask what support/resources they will need in their role.
Step 2: Engage Senior leaders
- Explain the benefits of Race Equality Week.
- Explain why leadership involvement is critical to the initiative.
- Gain line managers’ commitment to support the activity.
Step 3: Create a working group
- Identify people to help you shape, drive and implement activity during Race Equality week
- Choose a diverse group with different skills and expertise.
Step 4: Identify activities you could run during the week.
- Review the Race Equality Matters Ideas and Resources HERE.
- Look inside and outside the organisation for ideas.
- Ask colleagues with lived experience to suggest activities.
Step 5: Promote Race Equality Week
- Think about the information you need to share with colleagues.
- Use a range of channels to spread the word.
- Consider your approach to ongoing communications.
Step 6: Share your activity
- Take photos and promote your activity on social media.
- Tell Race Equality Matters about your activity so we can profile your organisation.
For more check out: IDEAS AND RESOURCES