Tea Break – How To Do It Right Workshop
This is an exclusive member-only event. It is virtual so there are no geographic barriers.
- Learn about Tea Break and the key steps to implementing it.
- Hear from expert speakers who will share how they implemented Tea Break and its impact.
- Meet, collaborate, and exchange ideas with other changemakers in virtual discussion groups.
- Take part in interactive polls and hear the state-of-the-nation poll results.
- Gain access to 50+ insights and ideas following the event.
What is Tea Break?
Tea Break provides the framework for an organisation to hear about race inequality through the honest voices and feelings of its colleagues.
- It is a one-hour themed discussion about an issue that matters.
- Employees are invited, in person or online, to listen to others or actively participate. Individuals can choose to remain anonymous or not.
What is the impact?
A few quotes from those that have implemented Tea Break:
“The impact and difference it is making is that people can actually bring their whole selves to work; when I talk to colleagues and members, there is definitely a shift, a change in how they can talk about the things that are affecting them.”
“There was a lot of solidarity, a lot of support, our allies list is growing. I think it has raised the profile of the Network and what we are about.”
“What was brilliant was that we had some new faces and voices that I’ve never seen or heard before.”
“They’re a safe space for colleagues to share lived experiences and for others, particularly allies, to learn so much.”
“These Tea Breaks have provided both solace and education to employees.”
“The sessions are impactful and have helped to build trust and confidence of the members.”
“I believe that if this had existed previously, then many more organisations would have made significantly more progress in their efforts to tackle race inequality.”
Who should get involved?
Changemakers who are interested in implementing Tea Break in their organisation.
Past attendees include Race Network Leaders, Race Network Members, Senior leaders, and HR and D&I representatives.
Over 1,000 attendees have joined a Tea Break Workshop previously.
- 94% would recommend the event.
- 76% said Tea Break is more than or significantly more effective than other D&I initiatives to tackle race inequality.
Here are just a handful of their comments:
“I’m more equipped to get started.” | “Another thoughtful and insightful workshop.” |
“As always, lots of good useful information.” | “I enjoyed the breakout rooms and the session overall!” |
“Great session and educational.” | “I’ve picked up some great ideas/tips!” |
“Very good suggestions and information provided.” | “Always enjoy connecting with others that want to make a difference.” |
“Looking forward to using the Tea Break guide and integrating it into our working weeks.”