As part of the Abellio Group, West Midlands Trains delivers around 1,300 train journeys a day, for more than 60 million passengers a year, across our two brands - West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway.
We are committed to delivering a safe and reliable train service, by investing in our fleet of trains, stations and employees. As part of this investment, we are looking to recruit a Materials Controller on a full time basis, based in Tyseley.
You will support the materials function in all aspects of material procurement; planning; data analysis; KPI reporting; stock control and compliance with company policies and procedures. To deputise where necessary for the Materials Manager
What does the job involve?
- To provide professional materials support to the Materials Manager in order to maintain and improve the service provided to the production and train presentation activities across all depots and outstations.
- To provide data analysis; budget & financial period end reports; exam kit forecasting and reports on material trends
- To produce & analyse KPI’s supporting the materials function
- To monitor that component stock levels are in line with production requirements and to ensure that components are procured; delivered on time and in accordance with WMT purchasing procedures
- To plan and ensure that the PI and stock take functions are actioned and maintained in line with company procedures and auditing requirements and to investigate and resolve any stock discrepancies
- To ensure that materials are receipted, booked in, stored appropriately, issued and recorded in accordance with appropriate procedures and processes using the company computerised system
- To reduce stock inventory levels including slow moving and obsolete parts whilst maintaining product availability to support current production requirements.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and post as required
What skills and experience do I need to do the job?
- Knowledge of Equinox pertaining to the stores function
- Knowledge of the Stores and Depot procedures relating to Equinox, materials handling and storage
- Basic engineering or electrical background
- Knowledge of COSHH safety related procedures and instructions.
- Knowledge of manual handling (theory & practice)
- Knowledge of applicable Safety Management Systems
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good numerical and analytical skills; attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Able to prioritise workloads to effectively support the stores function
What are the salary and benefits?
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits
- Final salary pension – one of the best pension schemes available
- Free travel on all our trains and those of other train companies within our parent group company - for you, your partner, and any dependent children
- 75% off all other train company travel tickets
- Retail discounts
- Career development opportunities