Social Media Executive
About the role:
Our people-centred culture combined with our tech and data expertise makes us one of the UK's leading companies. It is a great place to grow your career as Social Media Executive in our Consumer Marketing team offering you the opportunity to work across multiple teams to build awareness with car driving consumers across the UK.
As a Social Media Executive, you’ll be a key player in the organic growth of the Auto Trader brand across both existing and any future social media channels. We’re looking for the type of person who thrives when contributing to a fast-paced and reactive content schedule. The role will also involve working with and alongside stakeholders within the wider consumer marketing team to continually develop our social media output.
The role will be based in our London office in Kings Cross however, you will also work closely with colleagues in our Manchester location so travel to Manchester will be required on average once or twice a month.
What we’re looking for;
- A social-first mindset – someone who has social media in their DNA, who lives and breathes social media apps in their day-to-day life and who is excited by telling Auto Trader’s story
- Experience working in a social media role, ideally for a similar sized brand
- Experience working with user-generated content on a diverse range of social media platforms and curiosity to discover new ones
- Reporting expertise to provide data-driven insights on the effectiveness of campaigns and support new initiatives
- Someone who is team-orientated, a great communicator and collaborator and who enjoys working with and learning from multiple teams
- Excellent organisational skills, with a proven ability to successfully multi-task and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Awareness and curiosity of current developments in the social media, technology and competitor marketing industries with an eagerness to make recommendations on how Auto Trader can react and respond to them
- Experience using (or a willingness to learn how to use) Canva to create static content
- Existing relationships with OEM press offices
- Experience briefing third party social media agencies and freelancers
- Knowledge and/or passion for the automotive industry and what excites car-buying consumers
Benefits and more;
We're offering a salary between £30,000-£38,000 dependent on experience, and a flexible benefits package to support your health and well-being. You'll have 28 days holiday per year, and that's in addition to bank holidays and half day closures on Christmas and New Year's Eve. Our Aviva pension scheme offers between 5% to 7% employer contributions depending on the percentage you choose to contribute, and we provide Bupa healthcare cover for all of our employees.
Our employee assistance programme, enhanced parental leave and share-save options and are just some of the other benefits on offer should you decide to join us.
Career development is something that we're passionate about at Auto Trader, and we all develop and learn things differently. Whether you attend an external conference, utilise a LinkedIn Learning license or choose one of our in-house masterclasses, there's something for everyone.
Our hybrid working model gives you a range of options, including combining office with home working and flexible start and finish times. Find out more about Connected Working here, or speak to a member of our resourcing team.