Project Officer – Community
Located at the TCV office in Hastings but operating county-wide and occasionally further afield, this exciting role supports TCV in enabling people and communities to improve their health, prospects, and outdoor places. With an outstanding track record of delivering Health Walks across the county, we aim to expand this initiative, catering to the diverse needs of our communities and forging strong partnerships to establish ourselves as a national leader in best practices.
This full time role, requiring working 35 hours per week, is focused on delivering the Health Walk scheme across East Sussex. You will be a strong team player with a can-do approach, bringing fresh ideas and innovation to the team. You will also support the East Sussex Team Leader in delivering TCV's strategic aims within the county.
The post holder's role will include:
- Coordinating a programme of established Health Walks and developing new walks.
- Leading a large group (90+) of volunteer Health Walk Leaders to ensure they receive an excellent volunteering experience whilst helping us to run 23 weekly Health Walks.
- Delivering regular Health Walk Leader training sessions.
- Marketing and publicity to enable success and significantly raise our profile in the vicinity.
- Recruiting and developing volunteers to support the project.
Experience required -
- Co-ordinating volunteers
- Working with partner organisations to deliver healthy lifestyle projects
TCV supports a flexible approach to determining the actual days and hours worked by the post holder, although they will be expected to remain flexible with their work days, as delivery times may vary from week to week and will include weekend and evening work.
The successful candidate is likely to have previous experience of working with volunteers and community groups. In addition, knowledge of healthy lifestyles and public health issues will be invaluable. Our projects work with volunteers and people with a wide variety of ages, abilities, and backgrounds. The successful candidate is likely to have experience of working with many sectors of the community delivering diverse activities.
The post holder will work with colleagues running the TCV Hastings office and delivering outreach work across Sussex. We are a small team of staff & volunteers, supporting each other in all areas of work.
A full driving licence (for a manual transmission vehicle) is essential, (which has been held for a minimum of one year), as the post holder has use of company vehicles.