Programme Lead (Coal)
Do you want to be part of a growing programme to prevent and reverse environmental impacts from historic mining operations?
Can you help us deliver exciting new renewable energy projects from mine water heat as well as projects helping us move towards our net zero target?
Do you want the opportunity to progress in a friendly motivated team delivering exciting projects that protect the water environment across the UK?
If so read on . . .
- The skills, to effectively lead and manage a team of professionals to deliver a £17m+ programme of work
- Experience of managing consultants and contractors through the NEC suite of contracts
- An ability to manage and prioritise a high-volume workload & multiple projects
- Excellent budget, programme & risk management skills
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work with other teams to deliver the programme
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
- Leading a team of professionals undertaking daily line management and a senior project role and technical reviewer role
- Providing support and assistance to the Principal Project Manager in the overall management of the Projects Team, stakeholder management and commercial growth
- Leading and managing the Coal Programme and budget through programme / financial management and reporting
- Managing the internal relationships with key stakeholders such as the technical, property, SHE & operations teams with regards to project delivery
- Developing and coaching project manager and assistant project manager roles
Role location: Mansfield
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Application closing date: 03/04/2023
Sifting date: 05/04/2023
Interviews: w/c 10/04/2023
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware and we will look at alternative dates)
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks and will be subject to UK Immigration requirements.
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A values based recognition scheme
- Flexible working arrangements to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
Working with us:
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours. Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with. We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds. Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK. By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values. We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities. We are proud to be an inclusive employer. We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community. We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs. Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.