Our Nursery team are looking for a Housekeeper to work 10am-2pm, Monday to Friday, to carry out day-to-day duties across the nursery, which is located on the first floor of the Coin Street neighbourhood centre in Stamford Street, London SE1. You will have bags of energy and a passion for ensuring all of our children receive the best possible experience. You will be organised and thrive on ensuring the children’s linen is clean and dry, that the toys are sanitised and that the Chef is supported in the kitchen.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Housekeeping/cleaning experience in a business or domestic setting.
- Understanding of responsibilities and regulation under HASAW Act, COSHH, infection control, essentials food hygiene (training will be provided).
- Ability to work on own initiative and priortise work schedules.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a positive and co-operative way.
What we do
We provide the opportunities and spaces for people to lead their own change.
Our activities are wide and far reaching. From giving families and children the best start in life through our childcare and family support, to creating and maintaining high quality live, work and play spaces on land which we own.
We promote enterprise, creativity and lifelong learning whether that’s through providing employment, volunteering opportunities, nurturing enterprise or delivering programmes and activities. We provide housing that supports our community; we champion co-operative housing and influence local and national housing policy.
From sports and dance to healthy eating and gardening, we offer a range of facilities and activities accessible to everyone to support health and wellbeing in our community.
In return, we can offer you:
• 27 days’ annual leave (excluding bank holidays) pro rata for part time staff
• 8% contributory pension scheme (5% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution)
• Health and wellbeing support, including online mental health therapy sessions
• Free gym membership at Colombo, annual flu jabs
• Commitment to training and development