NHS South Central and West (SCW) is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Finance Manager to support the Hampshire, Southampton, and Isle of Wight Contract Finance Team.
We are looking for a full-time, permanent member of staff, to provide professional expertise to support our customers in successfully managing their healthcare contracts.
The role is agile with most meetings being undertaken remotely. Please note that the post holder must also be able to travel and work at other venues which may be SCW, Customer premises, or other location for the purposes of delivering the responsibilities of this role.
Main duties of the job
- Present highly complex information about contracts and services to a wide range of stakeholders in a formal setting.
- Commit to working and engaging constructively with internal and external stakeholders on a range of contentious issues.
- Nurture key relationships and maintain networks internally and externally.
- The role will be expected to develop effective and proactive working relationships with a wide range of agencies including ICB Senior Management, Health Care Providers, and other CSU departments providing services to the ICB with whom the relationship is critical.
Working for your organisation
This post will be part of a team of 6; reporting to the Senior Finance Manager and line managing the Assistant Finance Manager. Also working alongside a second Finance Manager and Finance Assistant. As part of the wider Contracting Team the post holder will work with other disciplines such as Contract Managers and Data Analysts.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Financial advice to managers on how to optimise best value from commissioned services
- Analysis on monthly monitoring information to inform the commissioning process
- Detailed evaluation of commissioning expenditure on a monthly basis investigating and variances from budget.
- Manage a range of complex areas, investigating and advising on highly complex issues
- Support business case preparation
- Support the financial planning process
- To provide information in support of the development of Practice based Commissioning/GP commissioning consortia.
- To deputise for the Senior Finance Manager