Delivery Coordinator – Education and Young People
Full time, 37.5 hours per week – happy to talk flexible working
Base: Hybrid - Scotland (Ref: SUS3846)
About the role
As the Delivery Coordinator for Education and Young People, you will play a key role in positively affecting change for young people in Scotland. In this role you will be responsible for promoting active travel in Scotland, with focus on children and young people. You will develop and deliver a range of initiatives across Scotland ensuring effective delivery of campaigns and projects.
You will coordinate the Scotland-wide promotion of Sustrans-wide campaigns, such as the Big Walk and Wheel and manage more local projects which are school focussed, such as the Minecraft project and the Playable Routes to School which centred in Perth.
A key aspect of this role is partnering with schools, local authorities and other partners working with young people; developing innovative solutions to engage with school children, teachers and local authorities to develop and deliver active travel projects across Scotland that make it easier and safer to get to school.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects on behalf of Sustrans. We offer Hybrid working, a mix of working from home and travel to partners, with regular travel to a nominated hub in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
Engaging with people is key, the ability to build relationships easily and communicate effectively will enable you to connect with diverse audiences and influence decision making across a range of levels and organisations.
A good understanding of the Scottish Curriculum is essential, as is a background in working with young people, ideally to encourage physical activity, or working closely with organisations who deliver work aimed at young people.
You should have significant experience of managing and delivering behaviour change or physical activity projects and be able to develop and implement innovative activities aimed at young people.
You will also have excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and encourage others.
So, if you are a confident advocate for the benefits of walking & cycling and understand the role both have to play in making better places to live, work and go to school, apply today!
What we offer
In return we can offer true hybrid working to suit your circumstances; a flexible, supportive, and rewarding working environment.
- 26 days’ leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Staff volunteer days
- 24/7 free, impartial, and confidential support service
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes
- Group Personal Pension scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans
- Bike, computer, and season ticket loans
- Discount benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Flexible Working practices (full time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday)
- Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59 Sunday, 2nd October.
- Interviews will take place via MS Teams on Thursday 13th October
- Due to the nature of the role, membership of the PVG Scheme is required.
- To apply, please complete our online application form. More details of our vacancies can be found at http://www.sustrans.org.uk/about-us/vacancies.
Sustrans is the charity making it easier for people to walk and cycle. We connect people and places, create liveable neighbourhoods, transform the school run and deliver a happier, healthier commute.
Our vision and mission have never been more relevant. Across the UK, governments are pledging investment and action on walking and cycling.
We are working together to make a real difference - creating places where everyone can live and travel happily and healthily, and where nobody is excluded.
Our work wouldn’t be possible without the commitment and dedication of our colleagues.