Advanced Data Warehouse Developer
The purpose of the Advanced Data Warehouse role is to contribute to the delivery and maintenance of SCW internal and external customer projects and information systems. This will range from simple reporting projects to full end to end Data Warehouses.
Contribute to the technical design, development and maintenance of data management solutions and being accountable for their delivery.
Main duties of the job
The role will require working on the projects assigned to the team under the direction of the Data Warehouse Architect or relevant lead. It is expected that an Advanced Data Warehouse Developer will work as part of a team utilising development standards and working practices as defined by South, Central and West.
- Contribute to the technical design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex Business Intelligence projects and information systems.
- Work independently on the development of technical solutions using Microsoft BI tools.
- Understand basic functionalities of any web/form-based application or tool with by means of self-learning via reading guidance documents
- The creation of both technical guidance and processes where systems are developed are contributed to and keep documentation up-to date where amendments are made
- To be able to effectively gather requirements from customers and stakeholders
- Line management responsibility for a team of technical developers
Working for your organisation
Suitable for an individual who is able to contribute to the development and operational maintenance of a data management solution from initiation to completion. This individual must be able to work independently and take the initiative with understanding the customer requirements, working with stakeholders, and developing an end-to-end technical solution.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details and information regarding this role.