Safe Space Facilitator Training Workshop
Categories: Safe Space
Tags: #discussion topics #Green Park #top tips #uncomfortable conversations
Enable brave conversations
Facilitate uncomfortable discussions
Drive meaningful change
This event was to help attendees who were facilitating their own internal Safe Space sessions to understand some of the key considerations when hosting these sessions.
The workshop was run by:
– Jo Heath – Partner and Head of Practice for Equality Law, D&I, Culture & Ethics | Green Park
– Ade Onile-Ere – Senior Consultant Diversity, Inclusion, Culture & Ethics | Green Park
Providing valuable insights, the main points covered included:
• Top tips when hosting safe space sessions
• How to encourage active dialogue and tools to engage in conversations that may feel uncomfortable
• Core topics that should be considered as discussion points when creating safe space sessions internally; building trust, terminology, developing racial fluency, and barriers that prohibit progress.
• Building credibility and taking action