Black History Month - October 2021.
October is Black History Month in the UK and has been celebrated nationwide for more than 30 years.
Black History month was founded to recognise the contributions of black people in Britain. It aims to challenge racism and educate communities about the British history that was not taught in schools.
Over the last year we have seen black history being made every day and this October will be a time for continued focus and action to tackle the racism that is seen all year round.
Join hundreds of fellow Race Equality Matters community members and explore what you could be doing for Black History Month.
Race Equality Matters Virtual Event:
Jul 22 2021
Get Ready for Black History Month
Watch recording below
This interactive virtual event will be a great opportunity to kick-start or enhance your plans for Black History Month.
- Natalie Rose - Corporate HSE Advisor | HS2 and a Co-chair of the BAME Network.
- Elizabeth Cameron - Chair | GMCA Race Equality Panel (Greater Manchester Combined Authority)
- Javed Thomas - Co-Founder | Race Equality Matters and Founder | The Collaboratory
You will meet like-minded Race Equality Matters community members in small discussion groups and:
- Share ideas about what your organisation is planning or could be doing during Black History Month.
- Explore how Race Equality Matters solutions can support your activity plan.
We do hope you will join us at this collaborative event.
July 22nd 2021
Event ends: 1:45 pm